Delivery Driver/Warehouse Associate - Wichita, KS
Joe W. Fly Co., Inc. is looking for a Delivery Driver/Warehouse Associate to join our team in Wichita, KS.
Since 1967, we have provided quality air filtration products and services. Our goal is to positively impact our communities not only with our products and services, but with our people and culture.
We are looking for a dependable team player who gives 100% effort every day. Are you ready for your efforts to be valued and an opportunity to make a positive impact? If so, we would love to hear from you!
At Joe Fly Company, what we value – family, quality, integrity, commitment, and our customers – is the core of who we are and just as important as talent and effort. We are focused on finding the right culture fit, ideally candidates interested in a long-term career with us.
- Deliver air filtration and related products to customers
- Perform daily inspections, maintain delivery log, and vehicle checklist
- Maintain overall condition of the vehicle and notify management when service is needed
- Prepare orders, load and unload delivery vehicle. Verify the accuracy of items with corresponding order fulfillment instructions before departing
- Assist customers with delivery check-in when required. Follow customer specific on-site expectations and regulations
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the on-site point of contact
- Ask customers for feedback on services and products and share leads for new business opportunities with the Branch Manager
- Work closely with the warehouse team and Operations Manager to ensure timely production and accurate inventory
- Prep and stage for upcoming jobs
- Assist with shipping and receiving; distribute materials, tools, equipment, and products within the warehouse
- Follow DOT regulations and safety standards
- Work the first shift from 7:00am - 3:30pm with some overtime as required
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience driving a 26ft box truck with lift gate or similar vehicle
- Eligible to drive for company business: At least 25 years of age, with a valid Kansas driver’s license, and satisfactory results from a driving record check
- Must have current DOT Physical Certificate or able to obtain one
- Delivery experience required; experience in a warehouse environment and forklift experience is a plus
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Able to confidently navigate Wichita and surrounding areas; knowledge of Kansas City, Topeka, and Lawrence area are a plus
- Can regularly lift 50 lbs
- Requires working on ladders and use of general hand and power tools
- Self starter; able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail, communication, and time management skills
- Basic computer and math skills are helpful
All candidates must be eligible to work in the US and able to pass a background check; and drug screen if required.
This is an hourly-paid position, and pay rate will be commensurate with level of experience.
Benefits include, but are not limited to, health insurance, 401(k) with 100% match up to 4%, profit sharing, $10K life insurance, and paid time off.
Joe Fly Co., Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.